I fell in love with Holy Crap© Skinny B cereal a couple of years ago. Ever since it has been a staple of my diet. I have it with some coconut milk in the morning, throw some in my yogurt and add it to cookies I make for the kids (shhhh! Don’t tell them). I love the fibre and find it keeps me regular always a happy place to be. Here is a list of the benefits of Holy Crap©; non-GMO, organic, gluten free, kosher, lactose free, sugar free, salt free, nut free, all natural, vegan, raw, very high in fiber, high in iron, source of calcium, source of omega-3 and omega-6, no cooking required.
I also ended up with a ton of apples after a day of apple picking in September which I decided to slice up and dehydrate. After dehydrating them I put them in the VitaMix© and made an apple granola.
Now what a treat to add some apple granola to my Holy Crap© and toss in my yogurt! Very Yummy!.
So I decided to see what it would taste like if I tossed it in our Yeast Free Bread mix. Well the result was great tasting bread that is really high in fibre, approximately 5.7g of fibre per slice!
I made a sandwich using chicken salad and it was truly a fantastic tasting sandwich. The bread has a very faint apple flavour and just a hint of sweetness. It is very moist and held together nicely in a sandwich.
I think this will be my new favorite bread recipe. Enjoy!
Holy Crap/Apple YEAST-FREE BREAD
Makes one loaf of bread
- 2 tbsp ground Chia seeds or ground flaxseed
- 3 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 1/3 cup virgin olive oil or oil of your choice
- 1 cup water
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 package of Allergic Solution Yeast Free Bread
- ¼ c chopped dried apple
- 2 Tbsp Holy Crap Skinny B cereal
- Preheat oven to 400°F and grease bread pan.
- In a large bowl, add ground Chia/Flax, vinegar and 1/4 cup of warm water.
- Stir and let sit for 1 – 2 minutes.
- Add honey and mix well
- Add oil and 1 cup of water to bowl and stir until combined.
- Add entire package of AS-YFB and stir until completely combined.
- Mix in Holy Crap and Apple
- Pour into bread pan and gently shake until evenly distributed.
- Bake for 1 hour and 5 minutes.
- Allow to cool for approximately 30 minutes.
*Note, once it has risen (about 10 min in oven) cover with foil so it does not brown too much. Honey can make the crust very dark
Holy Crap Cereal can be purchased from the Gluten Free Smart Store