Raisin Cinnamon Spice Cookies
Created by Lisa Cantkier (bio below)
When I think of Fall, I think sugar and spice, and everything nice! I love the look of Fall leaf colours in Ontario, particularly the pretty, jeweled shades of brown and red. Spices of those colours create the perfect addition of taste and scent when taking in those sights. The flavour of sweet cinnamon, fused into a soft, chewy and moist cookie with nutritional benefits is my kind of cookie for this season, or any season!
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
3/4 cup organic coconut palm sugar
1 ½ tablespoons cinnamon (ground)
1/4 cup raisins
3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
1/4 cup hemp milk (recipe will work with any type of milk)
1 – 334g package of Allergic Solution™ Pancake & Waffle Mix
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Combine apple cider, raisins, vinegar, sugar, cinnamon, oil, vanilla extract, and hemp milk in a large mixing bowl.
3. Combine and mix ingredients well until sugar is dissolved.
4. Gradually add Pancake & Waffle Mix, and mix well with other ingredients until completely combined and your mixture looks like cookie dough.
5. Spoon 1 teaspoon of dough and roll into small balls; place on parchment paper lined cookie tray, spacing each cookie ball approximately 5 cm apart.
6. Repeat step 5 until all the dough is used.
7. With a fork, flatten each cookie ball to make each cookie about 1 cm thick.
8. Put cookie tray in oven and bake for 8-10 minutes.
9. Allow cookies to cool completely.
Makes 24 – 36 cookies
Lisa Cantkier is a lifelong celiac, health writer, and holistic nutrition enthusiast. She is the founder of Gluten Free Find and a co-creator of Gluten Free Smart Store. You can follow Lisa at @LisaCantkier