Just in time for Canadian Thanksgiving! I made these savory biscuits a couple of ways this week. They are tasty without cheese but I also tried adding parmesan cheese to a batch and they were very tasty too. If oregano is not your favourite herb then try thyme but you can use whatever savoury spices and seasonings you love.
You can also create a dessert biscuit by adding a couple of of tablespoons of coconut sugar and some cinnamon. This would make a nice base for some fresh berries and whip cream.
- 2 cups Allergic Solution Pancake/Waffle Mix
- 4 tablespoons vegetable shortening or coconut oil
- 2/3 cup Rice Milk
- 1 tsp dried oregano or seasoning of your choice
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 3 tbs parmesan cheese (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 375F.
2. Mix together pancake mix and seasonings.
3. Cut in shortening or coconut oil until mix resembles coarse cornmeal.
4. Add rice milk, a little at a time, until a soft dough forms.
5. The dough will be very sticky, drop about 3 tablespoons onto greased cookie sheet. Dip fingers in water and form into patty about ½ inch thick.
6. Bake 8-10 minutes until done (keep an eye on them, they’ll burn fast!)