Apple Blueberry Breakfast Cake
You will need:
- 1 T oil ( we use olive oil)
- 2 small macintosh apples [cored but not peeled pureed with water to total 1 1/2 cups liquid]
- 3T water (or apple juice)
- 2 T chia seeds
- 1/2 t. cinnamon
- 1/4 t. nutmeg
- 1/4 c. dried apple pieces
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 1 pkg Allergic SolutionVanilla Cake Mix
- 1c. frozen wild blueberries
1. Preheat oven to 350°F and grease bottom of a 9” square cake pan.
2. Place oil, apple puree, chia seed, cinnamon, nutmeg, dried apple and sugar in a large bowl.
3. Using an electric mixer, blend on low speed until sugar is dissolved.**
4. Gradually add entire contents of pouch and mix on medium speed until completely combined and smooth.**
5. Fold in 1 c. blueberries
5. Pour batter into greased cake pan.
6. Bake for 45 – 50 minutes.
7. Allow to cool for approximately 20 minutes.
**If electric mixer is not available use a whisk.
This mix also makes 18 cupcakes or 36 mini-cupcakes.
Drizzle a little maple syrup on top before eating a slice. YUM!