Follow the vanilla cake recipe found on the package
Makes one – 9 inch cake
- ? cup virgin olive oil
- ¾ cup rice milk
- ¾ cup water
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4c coconut sugar
1. Preheat oven to 325°F and grease bottom of a 9” round cake pan.
2. Place oil, milk, water, vanilla extract and sugar in a large bowl.
3. Using an electric mixer, blend on low speed for 1 minute or until sugar is dissolved.
4. Gradually add entire contents of pouch and mix on medium speed until completely combined and smooth.
5. Pour batter into greased cake pan.
6. Bake for 45 – 50 minutes.
7. Allow to cool for approximately 20 minutes.
Once cool slice cake in half making two layers. Slice strawberries for top and middle
To make a non-dairy whip cream you can use coconut cream. We sourced this recipe from http://www.sheknows.com/food-and-recipes/articles/988521/how-to-make-coconut-whipped-cream
Yields approximately 2 cups
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons organic powdered sugar
- Place the unopened can of coconut milk in the refrigerator overnight.
- Open the can (careful not to shake it ) and spoon the top layer that has formed into a mixing bowl. Add the vanilla and the powdered sugar and beat on high until the mixture is fluffy and frothy just like real whipped cream.
Put 3/4 of the whipped cream in the middle of the two layers of cake, arrange strawberries, put 2nd layer on top and ice with the remailing whip cream and arrange more strawberries on top. YUM.